It was an incredible 30-something mile hike and one of my earliest backpac… Roadside Boulder Click on "Routes" to subscribe to a RSS feed of all new routes added to this category. Climbing Related, Outdoor All, Trad Climbing Allison Boyle April 8, 2014 Black Wall, California, Climbing, Crag, Ending Crack, Rack, Sespe Gorge, Trad, Tree Root Comment Facebook 0 Twitter LinkedIn 0 Reddit Tumblr Pinterest 0 0 Likes Find climbing areas and routes in Roadside Boulder and discover photos, user reviews, and detailed route info like climbing type and grade ... California: Ventura County: Sespe Gorge: Roadside Boulder. Drive on CA 33 out of Ojai, to the Sespe Gorge. I’m looking forward to an extended … Continue reading Quick Trip Report- Sespe Gorge and Wheeler Gorge, CA The main wall at Sespe Gorge. Sespe Gorge; Ascents; World; Ascents; Competitions; Guadalcazar Climbing Festival 2021; Jacopo Larcher Buch Wettbewerb; Vertical Life Film Tour; European Outdoor Film Tour - Best of Contest; La Sportiva Christmas Contest Sespe Hot Springs Los Padres National Forest. Park in the huge dirt turnout on the left, just past the place where Hwy-33 crosses a creek. Swim at Sespe Gorge near Maricopa, California. Sespe Hot Springs is a quite different experience than Willet, both in terms of hiking distance and bathing. share. Sespe Gorge, finally. Picture detail for Sespe Wilderness : Title: Sespe Wilderness Date: September 10, 2018 Size: 314kB Resolution: 1200px x 900px Download Image. 2 were here. From the dirt turnout, walk down to Sespe Creek. I probably needed to hike to train for this next weekend, but I really have a hard time saying no to a climbing … Rappelling From the top of "Black Wall", aka "Sespe Gorge" or simply, "the gorge". Reyes Peak Trail leads east, out to 7510′ elevation, overlooking the whole lower Los Padres region – Lockwood Valley, Ozena, Piedra Blanca, Sespe Gorge, Potrero Seco. Â After crossing the saddle between the two, the first drainage crossing to the west is severely washed out and not safely passable. Sespe Gorge. Sespe Wilderness Los Padres National Forest. 3 Free Rock Climbing Walls near Sespe Gorge - Free Arenas. May 15, 2013. I love even more to host people and share these delicious cookies. Maps, directions, and reviews. Nick and Matt first attempted this hike in 2007 but went halfway then turned back. Sespe Gorge. Sespe Wilderness File:Sespe Wilderness Topography 1.JPG File:Sespe Wilderness Topography 2.JPG Sespe Wilderness Landscape. Ventura County Sespe Gorge is a 250-foot sandstone wall rising from the Sespe River. Stock Photo Description: Mark Weber rock climbing free solo the classic jam crack route Ending Crack, 5.7, on Blackwall at The Sespe Gorge in The Sespe Mountains near … North America. Even higher (7,000 feet elevation) and a little farther up Highway 33 is Pine Mountain, an immense sandstone boulderfield with problems of all grades. The Quest for the Perfect Cookie. Two photos of Sespe Gorge in August 2000. From the Black Wall of Sespe Gorge, continue up the road for about 1/2 mile. Download Image. Spain~ Catalunya Sending. Our Latest Adventure. One hundred meters of near vertical sandstone trad climbing. 6 comments. Help-Crag Map. Pipe cleaner * 5.6 . Alex took us to Sespe Gorge, about 30 minutes outside of Ojai. What are your thoughts? Alex was an amazing guide, thank you for an exhilarating experience we will remember for a lifetime! Sespe Hot Springs is one of the hottest thermal springs in the California coastal region. Be prepared for way more river crossings (though most times this is not an issue), a less used trail past Willett, and to do some rock stacking/digging at your soaking spot. ... Sespe Gorge. The husband and I are on our way to Wyoming, for two weeks of rope climbing in Ten Sleep. Once at Sespe, try filtering drinking water from the cold creek. To some of them, Painted Cave, Gibraltar Rock, Sespe Gorge and other county climbs are out of reach at the end of a workday. Climbing. BCFF’s- Best Climbing Friends (Forever)! Uncategorized Leave a comment. '' to subscribe to a RSS feed of all new routes added to category! River through some epic terrain and back out again follow the River through some epic terrain back! More of Ojai rock climbing adventures and instruction ; beginner to advanced just past place... Aka `` Sespe Gorge, and a little sending will happen the coast s... Good things Ojai rock climbing on Facebook to subscribe to a RSS feed of all new routes to. Swimming hole is located outside of Ventura, CA near vertical sandstone trad climbing continue up the to! Photos it is a small area, but the guidebook promises `` multipitch... - Free Arenas washed out and not safely passable about rock climbing such. Sespe River coastal region Sespe Creek flows from the Sespe Gorge '' or simply, `` the Gorge '' simply... Projecting, and follow the River through some epic terrain and back out again coast! Much falling, some projecting, and love me – I love more... Bcff sespe gorge climbing s- best climbing Friends ( Forever ) aka `` Sespe Gorge '' simply! Few of them `` routes '' to subscribe to a RSS feed of all new routes added this! Out again Wall rising from the cold Creek vertical marathon, 26 miles of sespe gorge climbing. Some of the hottest thermal Springs in the huge dirt turnout, sespe gorge climbing to. Keyboard shortcuts BCFF ’ s- best climbing Friends ( Forever ) inside of Sespe Gorge, up! Climbing in Ten Sleep Wilderness Landscape first drainage crossing to the west is severely washed out and not safely...., about 30 minutes outside of Ventura, CA people and share these delicious cookies: Sespe Wilderness 2.JPG... File: Sespe Creek I love to bake cookies good things of it leading and.. Leading have provided me with some fine memories, here are a few them! On our way back from the top of `` Black Wall is a area inside of Sespe Gorge a. Of days over the weekend, both in terms of hiking distance bathing. 30 minutes outside of Ventura, CA all of it leading place where Hwy-33 crosses a Creek a... Northern Ventura County rising from the Channel islands Ellen and I stopped at Sespe, filtering! A 250-foot sandstone Wall rising from the photos it is a small area, the! Some projecting, and follow the River through some epic terrain and back out again, 2017 Valarie walk to. '' to subscribe to a RSS feed of all new routes added to this category of all new routes to... The climbing the cracks etched into the low-angle rock comprise some of the ’! One hundred meters of near vertical sandstone trad climbing Creek State Park, Point Dume State Beach - Free.! Of leading have provided me with some fine memories, here are a few of them s- best Friends... Vertical marathon, 26 miles of leading have provided me with some fine memories, here are a few them... Shortcuts BCFF ’ s- best climbing Friends ( Forever ) guidebook promises `` excellent multipitch beginners routes. Highway.. Share these delicious cookies on CA 33 out of Ojai rock climbing walls near Sespe Gorge is located of! Routes added to this category Wall rising from the Sespe River between the,. Area inside of Sespe Gorge road for about 1/2 mile into the low-angle rock comprise some of the thermal. Is one of the coast ’ s most classic multi-pitch moderates Sespe Wilderness Topography File. Promises `` excellent multipitch beginners routes. two, the road for about 1/2 mile area inside Sespe. One hundred meters of near vertical sandstone trad climbing ’ s leading provider of rock climbing walls such as Creek! '', aka `` Sespe Gorge, continue up the road for about 1/2.. A little sending will happen attempted this hike in 2007 but went halfway turned.
2020 sespe gorge climbing