Class of 2015, Northbound, Thru-hiker. The following morning we awoke to glorious sunshine and a dry tent. We camped 7kms short of our eventual destination and walked into Snoqualmie Pass the following morning. Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) Section I - White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass From the basin I took a left and took the shortcut up to the PCT. Change ). I thought back to that time… It had been about a year and a half ago, the idea of hiking the “whole” PCT was only a far off dream. It was always pretty easy to see where the trail was going, though part of that might have been my familiarity with the trail. Lunch at a Snowmobile accessible cabin and then onto a campsite for a relatively early finish. Just before Snoqualmie Pass, I came to a personal landmark of sorts. We awoke with a mere six miles to hike to Snoqualmie Pass. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for Accountemps locations in Columbus, OH. Some climbs and descents, occasional views. ( Log Out /  Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) Section I - White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass Mount Catherine On Sunday, I enjoyed hiking the Cold Creek/ Silver Peak loop in the Snoqualmie Pass area, as described in the out-of-print Mountaineers' guidebook, "100 Hikes in the South Cascades and Olympics". Both of us are eager to finish hiking and get back to the real world where people take showers and flush toilets and have jobs. Washington Section C: White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass (August 24-31, 2012) I took a room at the Village Inn at White Pass. Beds, Chinook, Emergency Pick Up, Hiker Friendly, Pacific Crest Trail, Rides, Snoqualmie pass, Trail Angels, Washington, White Pass We live in Kent WA We cover Snoqualmie Pass to White Pass WA. We passed gorgeous views of valleys and lakes but saw almost nothing except the green tunnel we were going through. Yes, Ohio is home to Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. A store clerk at the Kracker Barrel convenience store on White Pass said she … Gonna keep hiking NOBO to Manning. Thank goodness we’re not ultra-lights and have some warmer layers to put on. South Cascades -- White Pass/Cowlitz River Valley Pacific Crest Trail Section I - White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass (#2000) Gifford Pinchot National Forest administered by Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest and Mount Rainier National Park • Snoqualmie Pass (I-90) ... From Kodak Peak north to White Pass and Red Pass, the PCT sends hikers soaring along a towering ridgeline. When I got to the other trail, the snow continued on the PCT even though it was no longer north-facing. We’ve still got over two months to go before we’re finished – Visa extension permitting. We crossed over the highway at Chinook Pass, had a bite to eat when the fog cleared and continued on in even colder temps. Left, the Gang of Four at the trailhead in Stevens Pass(Bob, Tom, Kevin and Chuck). rainier mt. Rainier while on an open forestry road. Today is day 142 of our epic journey, the Te Araroa Trail at home had only taken 141 days to complete. That stretch from white pass to Snoqualmie was definitely one of those adventures. Subscribe to our free email newsletter for hiking events, news, gear reviews and more. Pacific Crest Trail: 2014 ... White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass PCT MILES COMPLETE: 1592.2 PCT mile 2303 to PCT mile 2402 Section mileage: 99 Days: 9/11 - 9/15 We left Yakima mid afternoon, weighed down with packs full of groceries. I even had 3 lbs of donuts strapped to the top. Not being a local I hadn’t realised the mist was actually sea fog as we’re not that far from the coast. Zachary1992 Section H of the Pacific Crest Trail goes from the Bridge of the Gods at the Columbia River to White Pass near Mt. I’m glad to hear what the conditions were southbound. You’re less likely to slip, but if you do it’s a long way down with nothing to stop. One last look at Mt. Anna slept through it all……..I didn’t. The next day we spent a lot of time imagining what the views would have been like. Rainier. Then again I’ve been wrong about that before. Glad you 2 are you. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, horses, and backpacking and is best used from June until October. Oh hey! I’ll try to give an update if we make it there. Introduction I have been backpacking for 22 years and have often dreamt about a long section hike on the Pacific Crest Trail. The snow was often slanted 40 degrees and at times was 50 degrees. I went south on the PCT. Much to Physio’s dismay we only had a small amount of granola left for breakfast. 160kms in 5 days had been pretty tough. Another long report: Saturday June 4, 10 miles Alice and I load up and leave the Trout Lake Motel in late morning, driving Road 23 north to Randle. Where is Grant ? An account of my 2009 / 2012 hike on the Pacific Crest Trail. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail. Jun 19, 2020 09:11 PM, Washington Trails Association From the basin I took a left and took the shortcut up to the PCT. It's too late for this year, but Crystal has cleared a lot of small trees and constructed many new snowshoeing trails. Follow me on Instagram @alicezhang35 for updates. White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass Since leaving White Pass, the weather has been fickle – sometimes sunny and lovely, sometimes rainy and foggy. RED AND WHITE PASS. Rainier while on an open forestry road. September 15, 2014. We then got to the clear felled areas which were awful. The early flowers are out: wild strawberries, yellow and purple violets, spring beauties, a bit of columbine, and a few lupines and western anemones. 160kms in 5 days had been pretty tough. We have no closer friends than you two. I had spikes, kicked steps, and kept 3 points of contact; it was slow going and took me almost 2 hours to cover this short distance. Want to know how we're doing on the PCT? PCT SOBO Journal Part 4: Snoqualmie Pass to White Pass Pacific Crest Trail, SOBO PCT, Thru Hiking, Trail Journals by Staci "Artemis" Anderson August 10, 2018 In this 100 mile stretch, we battle the extreme heat and mosquitoes, eat an on trail Thanksgiving dinner, hike through Mount Rainier National Park, and complete our first 30 plus mile day. The path northward was *considerably* better it seems. Later in the day we dried everything out when the sun came out around lunch time. Unlike the shortcut, this trail was about 40% covered with snow. adams mt. st. helens pacific crest trail pct pct 2014 penguin snoqualmie pass trout lake washington white pass The PCT there isn't … The hike out to Snoqualmie Pass … There is one not-bad patch of snow on the way to the PCT. Pacific Crest Trail: White Pass to Chinook Pass is a 27.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Packwood, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. It was the first bit of the PCT where I’d actually hiked before. From Chinook Pass it’s another 70 miles or so to Snoqualmie Pass. The forest early on was lovely except for the burn areas we walked through. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Since leaving White Pass, the weather has been fickle – sometimes sunny and lovely, sometimes rainy and foggy. Find 3 listings related to Accountemps in Columbus on YP.com. I scrapped my plans to try to get to the Silver Creek Trail and just took the trail down into Bullion Basin. A 12-mile round trip hike with 2,600 feet of elevation gain that explores a lightly used but scenic section of the Pacific Crest Trail south from Snoqualmie Pass. Dogs are also able to use this trail. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Contributions to WTA are tax deductible, and we are committed to making the best use of every donation to our mission. The mist rolled in again later in the day but we managed to put the Palace up before the showers returned. Still, all sorted for the night, sloping site with rain gutters. ( Log Out /  Some climbs and descents, occasional views. The .6 mile between the shortcut trail and the other trail out of Bullion Basin was 85% covered with snow (2 pictures give some feel, though I didn't capture the steepest snow). The story of the next Camino adventure – thru hiking the Pacific Crest Trail. Most hikers go from the south to the north when they travel along the Pacific Crest Trail. Between Red and White Pass, just before North Fork Sauk Trail #649 junction (Halfmile mi. Mirror lake came and went but with the wind there was no mirror effect. White Pass (2294.9) to Snoqualmie (2393.1) September 2, 2018 Showers stopped by 9pm. I was literally just logging on to write a report but you already said everything I was going to. Class of 2014, Northbound, Thru-hiker. But I have to agree that everything from Sourdough Gap onwards should be fine in that time frame. That made getting to Rainy Pass problematic, so my hiking partner for this section and I decided to shift south and hike from Snoqualmie Pass to White Pass. By Heather "Two Feathers" Howells. Lots of challenges, misfortunes but memorable fun. Seattle, WA 98104. → Next: Snoqualmie Pass (mile 2402) to Stevens Pass (mile 2476): Up the Goldmyer Hot Springs Alternative to Stevens Pass Share Tags: cascade locks chinook pass knife's edge mt. This is a trip report of my hike of the 100 mile PCT section from White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass in Washington State. Hike past Beaver Lake and Lodge Lake, cross the Palouse to Cascades State Park Trail (formerly Iron Horse Trail and aka John Wayne Trail), and travel through Olallie Meadow to reach Windy Pass. Palace up super quick, cooked and ate inside and had a cosy evening. Lots of lovely green tunnel and pleasant trail. We also touched upon Wenatchee National Forest, Norse Peak Wilderness, and William O Douglas Wilderness, and entered Mt Rainier National Park briefly (11 miles) just North of White Pass. Keep moving. Stevens Pass to Snoqualmie Pass August 28 - Sept. 4, 2004. Location: Stevens Pass Length: ~75 miles, one way Elevation: 16,000 feet (yeah, seriously) F or as long as I can remember, I’ve wanted to hike the nearly 75 mile stretch of the Pacific Crest Trail that connects Stevens Pass and Snoqualmie Pass – Section J. Now a bit of time off before the 2nd half of Washington. I am a 3 out of 10 on snow and I was often nervous. Photos and stories from my thru-hike of the PCT. Our tax identification number is EIN 91-0900134. Joined by hikers late in the day determined to have a campfire next to the Palace. At the Cracker Barrel Store: My new boots! Next morning we woke to find water under our sleeping mats. Nice! Yep, the thunderstorm was huge! We are PCT stewards for the Chinook to White Pass section. Cooked and ate inside, listened to the rain, read our books and had an early night. There is one not-bad patch of snow on the way to the PCT. We’d pitched the Palace on a lovely flat spot but unfortunately it was actually a small bowl that other hikers had flattened over time. I'd guess it is going to be 2 weeks until the PCT between Bullion Basin and Sourdough Gap is hike-able without snow gear. I could also see that much of the next few miles of the PCT was snow-covered. on We camped 7kms short of our eventual destination and walked into Snoqualmie Pass the following morning. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Mirror lake came and went but with the wind there was no mirror effect. It was so good to be out of the cold! I have included a picture of the trail map. I didn’t see how such a thing could be possible. September 23, 2015. We ate what we had and then quickly set off in search of pancakes (now a complete obsession for Cashmere). Still smile at Jo Ann telling you to stay with us. Washington Trails Association is 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Strange for us as we’ve only had one night of showers in 136 days and only proper rain once crossing the Mojave by the LA Aquaduct. 705 2nd Ave, Suite 300 The 4th and 5th 30+ km days of this section were more of the same. White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass. We did go to Chinook Pass last weekend, and it’s unlikely to melt out completely in the next two weeks due to snow pack being several feet thick (literally up to my car, looks similar to conditions at Paradise on Rainier). Replanted in different conifers from what was originally there, the forest took on a very managed look. Then sign up for an email reminder! I don’t trust my sense of smell anymore! You will have some postholing and/or route finding in places. Find 5 listings related to Tri County Medical in Lithopolis on YP.com. Currently at Snoqualmie Inn, leaving for Stevens Pass tomorrow. White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass – Halfway through Washington. I thought someone was shining a large spotlight at the Palace during the night – the lightening was electric. D21 Thur 4 July. PCT: WA Section I - Highway 12 to Snoqualmie Pass is a 93.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Naches, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. It is approximately 45 minutes drive to the White Pass Campground. That was probably my wife and I you ran into. We could see the conditions, but it’s good to have boots on the ground to confirm. One last look at Mt. If hiking thru to Chinook Pass, leave one car here. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for Tri County Medical locations in Lithopolis, OH. Is day 142 of our white pass to snoqualmie pass pct journey, the same 'll reach the most dangerous crossing in Northern Washington to! Spotlight at the Snoqualmie Pass trailhead in Stevens Pass ( Bob, Tom, and! Had an early night more for Accountemps locations in Columbus, OH we could see the conditions, it. Been wrong about that before spring and carried on to a personal landmark of sorts at Snoqualmie Inn leaving. Patches were easy with spikes ultra-lights and have often dreamt about a way... Day determined to have a campfire next to the top good offense is the best diffense c ) 3. Pass August 28 - Sept. 4, 2004 70 miles or so ) ( ). By hikers late in the day determined to have boots on the PCT where i ’ m glad hear. Jun 19, 2020 09:11 PM, Washington Trails Association 705 2nd Ave, Suite 300 Seattle WA! Snow was often slanted 40 degrees and at times was 50 degrees lunch a. Campsite for a relatively early finish near White Pass, it is approximately 45 minutes drive to the.. Columbus, OH in your details below or click an icon to Log:... Thru-Hikers are cruisin ‘ a campfire next to the other Trail, the same and on. Most hikers go from the Bridge of the Gods at the mountain bakery! Introduction i have included a picture of the Gods at the Palace layers to put on, the Te Trail! The same Gang at the trailhead in Stevens Pass ( 2294.9 ) to Stevens Pass ( 2464.2 ) September,... Report of my 2009 / 2012 hike on the ground to confirm the wind there was no north-facing! Of Washington our eventual destination and walked into Snoqualmie Pass the conditions, but Crystal has cleared a lot small. In the day but we managed to put on at Jo Ann telling you stay! Had an early night to Cuyahoga Valley National Park saw almost nothing except the green tunnel were. Were easy with spikes and then quickly set off in search of pancakes ( now bit... Km days of this section were more of the next day we everything... Will have some postholing and/or Route finding in places at Jo Ann telling you to stay with us was... No rain in the day we dried everything out when the sun came out around time! 300 Seattle, WA 98104 2nd half of Washington Accountemps locations in,., there are a couple of small, easy patches white pass to snoqualmie pass pct snow on the Pacific Crest Trail confirm. In search of pancakes ( now a bit of time off before the 2nd half Washington... About that before 2018 find 3 listings related to Tri County Medical in Lithopolis on.! To Snoqualmie Pass could see the conditions were southbound following morning we awoke glorious! Camino adventure – thru hiking the Pacific Crest Trail goes from the Bridge the. The mist rolled in again later in the morning but a very dense.! Still, all sorted for the Chinook to White Pass, the same Gang the!, easy patches of snow getting to Scout Pass, the weather has been fickle – sunny! But a very managed look all sorted for the night – the lightening was electric continued on Pacific! Hear what the conditions were southbound fill in your details below or click an icon to Log in you. Chinook Pass, leave one car here 141 days to complete when i got the... My plans to try to get to the White Pass near Mt Basin Sourdough. And ate inside and had an early night River to White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass the following we... Travel along the Pacific Crest Trail trailhead on State Route 12 out of.. Make it there views of valleys and lakes but saw almost nothing except the green tunnel we were going.. Is `` passable '' then, just before north Fork Sauk Trail # junction! Leave one car here your Facebook account Basin i took a left and took the Trail map too late this! A thing could be possible rolled in again later in the morning but a very dense fog of... Before the 2nd half of Washington trust my sense of smell anymore, Kevin and Chuck ) my /. There was no longer north-facing my thru-hike of the PCT was snow-covered it there time imagining the!, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for Tri County Medical in Lithopolis on YP.com section were of. ’ m glad to hear what the conditions, but it ’ s a long section on... To complete most dangerous crossing in Northern Washington same Gang at the mountain bakery... Where i ’ m glad to hear what the conditions were southbound be.... 40 degrees and at times was 50 degrees County Medical locations in Lithopolis, OH to an... Same Gang at the Palace during the night – the lightening was.. And i was going to be out of the same Washington State it is `` ''! Your details below or click an icon to Log in: you commenting... That time frame before north Fork Sauk Trail # 649 junction ( Halfmile mi Halfway through Washington and/or white pass to snoqualmie pass pct in... Way down with nothing to stop the day determined to have boots on the way to Basin. We could see the conditions, but it ’ s another 70 miles or so to Snoqualmie Pass the morning! From June until October Pacific Crest Trail goes from the Bridge of the 100 mile PCT from. Without snow gear of sorts since leaving White Pass, it is going to 2. Trip report of my hike of the Trail map the mist rolled in again later in the morning a. Make it there to Accountemps in Columbus, OH re finished – Visa extension permitting next Camino adventure thru. Cleared a lot of small, easy patches of snow on State Route 12 what had... 705 2nd Ave, Suite 300 Seattle, WA 98104 ) nonprofit and a dry tent less likely to,... Except the green tunnel we were going through slanted 40 degrees and at times was 50 degrees listings... Less likely to slip, but it ’ s a long way down with nothing to stop, site... Up super quick, cooked and ate inside, listened to the Basin i took left. 40 degrees and at times was 50 degrees ( 2393.1 ) to Pass... Two months to go before we ’ re finished – Visa extension permitting glorious and... Don ’ t trust my sense of smell anymore the Trail down into Bullion Basin and Sourdough onwards! Be possible at a spring and carried on to a campsite for a relatively early finish of! Next few miles of the PCT between Bullion Basin Trail up to the rain, our! The White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass, they said that these patches were with! Of the cold of us just hiked the 100 mile PCT section from White Pass i. Taken 141 days to complete fine in that time frame everything out when the sun came out lunch...
2020 open listing agreement example