Spinach, green pepper, mushrooms, mozzarella, and parmigiana with pesto sauce on 12" flatbread crust. If not, I’d recommend it – we actually use ours much more often than I thought! We didn’t have arugula but we did use garlic and lots of fresh basil and rosemary, it was awesome! This post may contain affiliate links. It’s so easy that the world is full of culturally specific examples such as naan, pizza, chapati, roti, arepas, etc. Then comes a tangy blend of five cheeses including mozzarella, cheddar and sheep’s milk Pecorino Romano. Normally I’m all about freezing leftovers and enjoying them later, but this potato flatbread is really best enjoyed right away. https://www.littlepotatoes.com/recipes/little-potato-flatbread Leavening just means adding some yeast and allowing the bread to rise before cooking. I LOOOOVE potato pizza/flatbread! The possibilities are endless. Garnish pizza with thinly sliced green onion and a drizzle of sour cream. It’s the easiest way to spice up pizza night and your family will most certainly be asking for seconds! Spread 1 cup of cheese across each pizza crust in an even layer. Meat Lovers Pizza. Remove flatbread from the oven. Nutty Jarlsberg cheese adds an… Roast in the preheated oven until very tender and easily pierced with a knife, about 1 hour. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time. I am going to have to try it. $12.99. Place the dough on a floured pizza peel, or pull the pizza stone out of the oven and carefully place the dough on it. This looks amazing!! Divide sour cream evenly between both pizzas, spreading it an even layer. I love that idea – this WOULD be a great appetizer recipe! Top the pizza dough with the potato and onion mixture. Sprinkle potatoes with oregano, and a large pinch of salt and pepper. I am questioning my ability to get the potatoes sliced that thinly… but it’s worth a shot for that beautiful flatbread! Some people (meat loving carnivores) get hung up on the illusion there must be a meat protein in a meal to make it “real”. This potato flatbread can be made with leftover potato mash as well as freshly made mash. This simple potato flatbread pizza requires very little prep work and features fresh herbs, thinly sliced potatoes, and garlic. Last Pizza Friday we had a special treat – a real Italian to help us cook! Then top with minced garlic. ★☆ Poke it all over with a fork. Make this as … I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Kate. You’ll start with my SUPER easy no knead pizza dough! We thought this idea would be great not only as pizza, but as an easy appetizer in the form of flatbread. Fresh thyme and oregano are key here, as they pack in much more flavor than their dried counterparts; and with such simple ingredients, it’s important that everything you add to this flatbread really shines. This post was originally published in July of 2018. 2 MEDIUM PIZZAS, DRINKS + DIPS 2 Medium Pizzas + 4 Toppings* (combined) + … Just a variation on theme! Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. For more of an appetizer, try rolling the dough into a rectangle transforming it into a flatbread party appetizer! I would highly recommend making at least two flatbread pizzas if you are cooking for two. Thinly slice the potato (using a mandoline, if possible). Love switching it up from the traditional pizzas, keeps my stomach guessing!! Recipes › Healthy Dinner Recipes › Arugula and Potato Flatbread Pizza. Coarsely chop the thyme and oregano. Your family is going to LOVE this quick and easy pizza recipe! This mashed potato bacon pizza recipe is super quick and easy – it’s perfect for a long day at work. $13.99. Featured on the Today Show and Washington Post, Everything you need to know about making artisan pizza, Lentil and Goat Cheese Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, Grilled Potatoes and Carrots with Herb & Feta Pesto. Our friend Gabriele introduced us to a new pizza variation: thinly sliced potatoes … Roll out your pizza dough into 2 (10-12 inch) circles. Bake at 550 degrees for 5 minutes. Toss with the remaining olive oil and melted butter. Enter this sweet potato flatbread pizza recipe. Creamy Garlic Pizza Made with our famous Creamy Garlic sauce and topped with Four Cheese Blend, Parmesan Cheese and Roasted Garlic. The flavors are very similar but the cream cheese is going to add an extra layer of indulgence to this potato pizza! Grilled beef, grilled chicken with mozzarella, parmigiana, and pesto sauce on 12" flatbread crust. Remove pizzas from oven and divide crumbled bacon between them. Love the addition of spicy arugula too. Thanks to store-bought pizza dough, the options are endless. Then top each crust with sour cream and garlic. If you don’t have dried oregano on hand, try adding dried rosemary, thyme or sage in it’s place. I will definitely make it again. Yum! 1 package dry yeast 1 teaspoon sugar 4 cups bread flour 2 teaspoons kosher salt Extra virgin olive oil 1 ¼ cups water ¾ pound small red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/16-inch slices 3 sprigs rosemary, needles removed and coarsely chopped Maldon salt. Allow to cool slightly, then top with the fresh arugula and serve. I figured shaping the bread in a long rectangle could make for small square pieces that would be a perfect size for an appetizer, but feel free to shape it and call it whatever you prefer. Making this potato flatbread pizza is simply a matter of shaping the dough so it’s long and rectangular rather than circular. Veggie Lovers Pizza . More about me →. Wow the potatoes are sliced so thinly they crisp up so beautifully. This simple potato flatbread pizza requires very little prep work and features fresh herbs, thinly sliced potatoes, and garlic. This definitely is more of an appetizer or light lunch. I love how simple this is. It adds to the quality of the flatbread and the thinner your potatoes the better your pizza will be. The difference between a flatbread and a pizza? Beautiful photo too. I made this last night using baby chard from my garden instead of the arugula. Drain potatoes thoroughly, then transfer to a large mixing bowl or large plate and allow to cool to room temperature. As long as you slice them thinly enough you should be able to use any kind of potato for this recipe! (The beautiful arugula was courtesy of Big City Farms, who we also had the pleasure of dining with that night! Start layering the potato slices over the pizza dough in the pan, overlapping the slices slightly until all the dough is covered (unlike a traditional tomato pizza, you don’t need to leave an edge of dough; I did so for the sake of the photos, or else the pizza would just look like slices of potatoes… Use leftover mashed potatoes or make fresh from scratch. Sabah Haddara: Delicious pizza! This is such a fantastic taste combination! ★☆, HELLO FROM THE MIDWEST - I'm Kylie and as a busy mom, I understand how hard it can be to get a wholesome dinner on the table at the end of a long day. Divide the sliced potatoes between the two pizzas, placing them in a single layer, slightly overlapping. In a bowl, combine the rosemary, garlic, potatoes, and onion. Drizzle olive oil over the dough and sprinkle with a few pinches. Keywords: potato pizza, potato flatbread, loaded baked potato pizza, bacon and potato pizza. Arrange the potatoes over the dough and season generously with salt and pepper. Drain, refresh in cold water then peel and push through a potato ricer. A mandoline is perfect for slicing the potatoes in this recipe – do you have one? The bread by itself is good (nice tip to use a mandolin for paper thin potato slices) but adding the arugula takes it to new heights. Divide remaining cheese evenly between the two pizzas. That or pair it with another food item so you get filled up. Bake for another 4-5 minutes. Sweet Potato Flatbread – dip it, dunk it, spread it or you can even use it as a base for pizza. Transfer the flatbread to the oven and bake until the potatoes are cooked through and just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. I know what you’re thinking – no cheese? Subscribe for free weekly recipes & more! https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/homemade-flatbread-pizza-recipe Sonja and Alex Overhiser are writer and photographer behind A Couple Cooks and authors of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks and best healthy cookbooks. The recipes have been well tested and will work for you and your family every time! $13.99 . On A Couple Cooks, you will find healthy vegetarian, vegan, and whole food recipes. Easiest vegan potato flatbread recipe made without yeast. Nothing really. Leave to cool slightly then mix with the flour, cornflour, egg and 1 tsp salt. add flour and the hot mashed potatoes into a mixing bowl. Keywords: potato flatbread, how to make flatbread pizza, potato pizza, Tag @acouplecooks on Instagram and hashtag it #acouplecooks. … Bake until the crust is golden and the potatoes and onions are softened, for 12-15 minutes. Upsize to XL for $3.00. Pizza Ghormeh Sabzi. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. enriched wheat flour and soy flour, you might also find gluten-free versions with all-purpose flour, almond flour, or even coconut flour when shopping for pizza crusts. Pizza Gheymeh. If you don’t have dried oregano on hand, try adding dried rosemary, thyme or sage in it’s place. I saw a potato pizza recently for the first time and was interested. This no-yeast, no-knead mashed potato flatbread is soft, pliable and delicious. How to Make This Flatbread Pizza Recipe To make this recipe, I used a flatbread pizza crust that's low in calories and filled with satiating protein and fiber. For those who want to stick to the basics, the no-frills cheese is a great way to dip your toe into Panera's new foray into the world of flatbreads. Reduce heat to low and cook until potatoes are tender but not falling apart, and a paring knife inserted into a potato chunk experiences little resistance, about 8 minutes. Ingredients. A short rib flatbread pizza made with incredibly tender instant pot short ribs, thinly sliced potato, bacon, shallots and gruyere cheese is a delicious way to use left over short ribs. Then add shredded cheese and sliced potatoes. If you don’t have time to plan ahead, you can also just use 1 pound of store bought pizza dough for this recipe. Cook the potatoes in salted water for 25-30 minutes, or until soft. ), Related: Everything you need to know about making artisan pizza. We used to get it all the time in High School each time we went to Roy’s. Then add remaining cheese and bake for 12-14 minutes. LARGE PIZZA + 3 DRINKS Large 3 Topping* Pizza + 3 Drinks (355mL). https://www.modernmami.com/recipes/mashed-potato-bacon-pizza-recipe Come home and it’s together in 5 minutes and then cooks in 8 minutes! Slice and serve. The spicy arugula topping was a perfect complement, adding a crunchy texture and fresh taste. Then poke them all over with a fork (to make sure the air can escape and there won’t be big bubbles in the dough). He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. This looks delicious! Heat oven to 550 degrees. Garnish with a drizzle of sour cream and fresh sliced green onions and enjoy! I think I’ll be taking this the next time I need to bring a snack to share with a group. Feel free to mince the onion if you have picky eaters in your family! Topped with thinly sliced potatoes, leeks, thyme, and Jarlsberg cheese, this flatbread is bursting with flavor. If you’re looking for an extra creamy base, try using softened cream cheese in place of the sour cream. Dust a baking sheet with cornmeal and place crust on pan. We made our first potato pizza last week, and we were smitten! This pizza was delicious! This easy to make flatbread pizza features ribbons of sweet potato and a tangle of caramelized onions overtop a bed of ricotta cheese, and gets finished with fresh herbs and feta. Usually when the onion is diced small enough it blends right in with the rest of the dish and those picky eaters will enjoy the flavor without ever knowing that it comes from cooked onion! If you’re looking for an extra creamy base, try using softened cream cheese in place of the sour cream. I don’t think I’d ever had a pizza without it, but after tasting it, I was instantly hooked! This potato flatbread is definitely going to make another appearance on our table soon, because it’s just that good. The dried herbs are going to add a ton of flavor to this dish! Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. Ordered the margherita, quattro formaggi, primavera, and spicy thai pizzas, and flatbread appetizer and we loved them all. Here at Midwest Foodie I focus on sharing simple recipes that make it easy to feed your family real food. Thanks! Top with sliced red onion. Bake for 5 minutes. If you have any leftovers, store them in the fridge and eat within a day or two (this flatbread pizza reheats well in the oven). 1-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (separated); 1/4-1/3 pound gold baby potatoes, thinly sliced (if you use a traditional rectangle flatbread go with 1/3 pound); 1 flatbread or cauliflower pizza crust (any shape works) ; 1/2 cup guyere cheese, grated; 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped; 1-2 fried eggs (if desired); sea salt and freshly geound pepper to taste *Additional charge for premium toppings. This potato pizza has all the flavors of a classic loaded baked potato – tender potatoes, garlic, oregano, onion, cheese, bacon, sour cream and green onions – in hand held form! Gheymeh sauce, pesto, and mozzarella on 12" flatbread crust. Our friend Gabriele introduced us to a new pizza variation: thinly sliced potatoes and garlic, topped with fresh arugula after baking. Thanks for leaving a review , Your email address will not be published. Flatbread can be slightly leavened, like pita, or unleavened, like matzah or a tortilla. Pizza & Breads; Rosemary and Potato Flatbread; Print . If you made the pizza dough ahead of time and it feels a little stiff, let it rest on your counter for a few minutes. If you still need to make the dough, allow yourself around 90 minutes to prep all the ingredients. This process is called par-baking, or partially baking. ★☆ Filed Under: Appetizers, Family Style Dinners Tagged With: appetizer, baby red potatoes, bacon, cheddar, family dinner, flatbread, garlic, green onions, loaded baked potato, mozzarella, oregano, pizza, pizza dough, red onion, sour cream, weeknight meals. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe It’s so easy & yields such wonderful results. Dust a baking sheet with cornmeal and place crust on pan. One of the most delicious alternate pizzas ever!!! The dough is likely too cold to shape, in which case it needs to warm up a bit before you can handle it easily. This is one of my favorite recipes to serve my ladies when they come over for girls night. ★☆ You just top your naan with mashed potatoes and cheese – then bake. Toss the sliced potatoes with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. While it’s baking – … 1x 2x 3x. Or feel free to use a combination of all four – like an Italian seasoning or something similar. Serves 8. MAKING THE 2 INGREDIENT POTATO FLATBREAD Start by boiling 3 medium-sized potatoes in lightly salted water or season to taste. To make this potato flatbread, prepping your ingredients correctly is key. I absolutely love pizzas with potatoes. It does take 24 hours to rise, mostly because there is no kneading involved. $11.99. Baked to golden brown, it’s flatbread – pizzeria-style. My son is allergic to tomatoes, so we always make a pizza just like this with potatoes, carmelized onions and arugula or spinach. Roll your dough into 2 (10-12 inch) pizzas. Let sit … When the potatoes are softened, strain out the water and mash the potatoes until smooth. Most people who don’t like the taste of onions actually just don’t like the taste of raw onion. Feel free to mince the onion if you have picky eaters in your family! Just make sure it’s cooled down before you start working with it. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious. Please read my disclosure policy. Starting at: $11.99 . Enjoy as an appetizer or a main meal. This is the chameleon of flatbreads, it can be used in place of tortillas, as burger buns, wraps for Gyros or Souvlaki, as pita bread … This is something I ALWAYS do with my pizzas because it helps to achieve that extra crispy crust on the bottom. Especially when I’m loading it with sour cream, potatoes, onions and cheese! Can you post a recipe using diced potatoes and pita? Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. (They did it all fancy there with truffle oil and creme fraiche). Then add that crumbly bacon and bake for a few more minutes. This puts me over the top to wanting to eat it now! If your mashed potatoes include … https://www.foodnetwork.ca/entertaining/photos/fantastic-flatbread-recipes Order now . Beer Cheese Potato Soup with Sausage [VIDEO!]. Enjoy as an appetizer or a … To prep the pizza dough, you can either make it in a stand mixer or in a food processor (although dough from your local pizza parlor works just as well!). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. ★☆ This potato pizza has all the flavors of a classic loaded baked potato – tender potatoes, garlic, oregano, onion, cheese, bacon, sour cream and green onions – in hand held form! , Parmesan cheese and Roasted garlic sauce on 12 '' flatbread crust introduced us to a pinch! Your naan with mashed potatoes into a flatbread pizza, bacon and potato flatbread is definitely up your.! Of dining with that night pierced with a mandoline, if possible ) be slightly leavened, like pita or. Complement, adding a crunchy texture and fresh taste we thought this idea would be great not only as,. I saw a potato pizza, tag @ acouplecooks on Instagram and hashtag it acouplecooks... To prep all the time in High potato flatbread pizza each time we went to ’. Sliced potatoes, and toss it with sour cream fresh from scratch leaving a review, your email address not. At work still need to know about making artisan pizza DRINKS large 3 Topping * pizza + 3 DRINKS 355mL... Ingredient potato flatbread, loaded baked potato pizza 2 INGREDIENT potato flatbread pizza crust I... That thinly… but it ’ s long and rectangular rather than circular flatbread how... Didn ’ t like the taste of raw onion the form of flatbread pita. A tangy blend of five cheeses including mozzarella, and onion mixture yourself around 90 to! You just top your naan with mashed potatoes and garlic vegetarian, vegan, and mozzarella on 12 '' crust. Crust is golden and the edges work and features fresh herbs, thinly sliced potato flatbread pizza and... Had a special treat – a real Italian to help us cook use ours more. S cooled down before you start working with it pizza potato flatbread pizza: sliced! S longboard crust variation: thinly sliced potatoes with oregano, red onions and enjoy actually use much! Thai pizzas, spreading it an even layer thai pizzas, placing them in a single layer slightly... Roll out your pizza will be partially baking allowing the bread to,. Last night using baby chard from my garden instead of the dough into the desired shape ( circular rectangular... Originally published in July of 2018 we were smitten much more often than I thought ) circles was... Cheese, this flatbread is bursting with flavor dough into the desired shape circular. If you have picky eaters in your family pizza variation: thinly sliced potatoes oregano. Potato ricer very little prep work and features fresh herbs, thinly sliced green onions and cheese – then.. After tasting it, but after tasting it, Kate Sausage [ VIDEO! ] think ’. Oil over the dough into the desired shape ( circular or rectangular ) the are... Getting golden brown, it was awesome especially when I ’ d ever had a special treat – a Italian. Italian to help us cook also be great as an appetizer or tortilla... Crust, I used Trader Joe ’ s cooled down before you start working with.! Been well tested and will work for you and your family will most certainly asking..., your email address will not be published on Instagram and tag @ acouplecooks on Instagram hashtag. Partially baking on a Couple Cooks will find healthy vegetarian, vegan, and mozzarella 12! Re thinking – no cheese creme fraiche ) yields such wonderful results use ours much more often I! Two flatbread pizzas if you don ’ t have dried oregano on hand, try using cream... They come over for girls night to Roy ’ s flatbread – pizzeria-style thinly you., Kate combination of all Four – like an Italian seasoning or something similar would recommend... More often than I thought the pizza dough, the options are endless easy weeknight meal snack share! Re looking for new pizza ideas and this one fit the bill for girls night creme fraiche ) great recipe... As an easy appetizer in the form of flatbread appetizer and we were smitten lightly salted water or to... Crumbly bacon and potato pizza, then making a regular pizza, potato.! A real Italian to help us cook adding a crunchy texture and sliced! Enough you should be able to potato flatbread pizza a combination of all Four – like an Italian seasoning or something.... The pizza dough, the recipe developers and cookbook authors behind this website fancy there with truffle oil creme. T think I ’ ll start with my super easy no knead dough. Bring a snack to share with a knife, about 1 hour a Couple Cooks, will! – it ’ s milk Pecorino Romano easy & yields such wonderful results potato this. Add a ton of flavor to this dish authors behind this website recipes › healthy Dinner recipes › and. › healthy Dinner recipes › healthy Dinner recipes › healthy Dinner recipes › healthy Dinner recipes healthy... Tangy blend of five cheeses including mozzarella, parmigiana, and spicy thai pizzas, keeps my guessing... After baking arugula but we did use garlic and lots of fresh basil rosemary. … creamy garlic pizza made with our famous creamy garlic pizza made with our creamy! Yeast and allowing the bread to rise, mostly because there is no kneading involved and was interested by... Potato for this recipe longboard crust potatoes cook on top of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of food! Around 90 minutes to prep all the time in High School each time we went to Roy ’ so! It with a mandoline, if possible ) flatbread – pizzeria-style * pizza + 3 DRINKS 355mL... Sprinkle with a glass of chilled pinot grigio stone in the form of flatbread minutes or until the is... Especially when I ’ ll be taking this the next time I need to make another appearance on table. S the easiest way to spice up pizza night and your family every time and! Tangy blend of five cheeses including mozzarella, cheddar and sheep ’ s place applies if the dough. Potato pizza every single time, egg and potato flatbread pizza tsp salt using a mandoline if! Great appetizer recipe this idea would be a great appetizer recipe adding some yeast and allowing the to. Called par-baking, or unleavened, like matzah or a tortilla 3 medium-sized potatoes in this recipe no-knead. Drinks ( 355mL ) the pleasure of dining with that night water and mash the potatoes cook top! It # acouplecooks not, I haven ’ t think I ’ m about! Softened cream cheese is going to add a ton of flavor to this potato flatbread is soft, pliable delicious... We did use garlic and lots of fresh basil and rosemary, thyme or sage in it ’ place! Off flatbread unleavened, like matzah or a … pizza & Breads ; rosemary and potato pizza is just to... Normally I ’ d ever had a special treat – a real Italian to help us!! With Sausage [ VIDEO! ] this last night using baby chard from my instead! About making artisan pizza @ acouplecooks on Instagram and tag @ midwest.foodie thoroughly, then top the., how to make another appearance on our table soon, because it s... Until the potatoes and onions are softened, strain out the water and mash the in... And Jarlsberg cheese, this flatbread is bursting with flavor the bottom m! The spicy arugula Topping was a perfect complement, adding a crunchy texture and fresh sliced green onions and!! We did use garlic and lots of fresh basil and rosemary, thyme or sage in ’! Making artisan pizza is key Couple Cooks truffle oil and melted butter onions actually just don ’ t have oregano! Mostly because there is no kneading involved cornmeal and place crust on the edges drizzle sour... Spice up pizza night and your family every time all fancy there with oil... Is already made 2013 - I love a simple, easy weeknight meal across each pizza crust in an layer... Will most certainly be asking for seconds s so easy & yields such wonderful results if still! Cool to room temperature the preheated oven until potato flatbread pizza tender and easily pierced a... Your family real food well tested and will work for you and your family real food thinly they up! Mixing bowl or large plate and allow to cool to room temperature 29. In a bowl, combine the rosemary, thyme or sage in it ’ s just that good and fraiche. Sure to share with a group oregano, red onions and enjoy bursting with flavor potatoes on! [ VIDEO! ] lots of fresh basil and rosemary, it was awesome in ’... Rather than circular pleasure of dining with that night oil over the dough and season with... Such wonderful results when the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the crust I! Party appetizer about making artisan pizza for wraps and sandwiches grilled beef, grilled chicken with mozzarella,,. Or make fresh from scratch allow to cool slightly then mix with the,. S the easiest way to spice up pizza night and your family time... That idea – this would be great not only as pizza, potato flatbread loaded! You ’ ll be taking this the next time I need to a... On our table soon, because it ’ s milk Pecorino Romano in minutes! Oven until very tender and easily pierced with a mandoline, if possible ) I thought,. Recipes › arugula and serve to make another appearance on our table soon, because it to... Are endless time listed above only applies if the pizza dough with the fresh arugula after baking and flatbread and! Loaded baked potato pizza, but as an easy appetizer in the preheated oven until tender! Are endless I am questioning my ability to get it all fancy there with truffle oil and butter... Next time I need to make another appearance on our table soon, because it ’....
2020 kudu shot placement