Did you get an RFE? Sign up for a new account in our community. By On the J1waiver website we see that April 7 DOS received form I612/3. @StressedOut @Devyn and @KYZ any good news? All Rights Reserved. I am still waiting. It appears that most people with complete application on September 8 got their FR on December 8, so I think my processing time is still pretty normal. They updated the file on Dec 11 to reflect some more info we sent. November 2020; ... J1 Hardship Waiver for Brazil Approved J-1 Visa Waiver Processing and Timeline in 2019. I raised an inquiry and the USCIS says that they sent it to the DOS, while the DOS says that they are waiting for the forms to be sent by the USCIS!!! Not sure how long it will take. J-1 Hardship Waiver Approved with Government Funding from the Dominican Republic Case filed: June 30, 2019 Case approved: June 18, 2020 The Facts for this I-612 Success Story and Approval This Client entered the U.S. on a J-1 Visa with a two year home residency requirement. Steps to the J-1 waiver process: A physician must secure a bona fide offer of employment from an employer that will sponsor the IMG for a J-1 waiver and a change into H-1B status; IMG must apply for case number from the U.S. Department of State. @SG_J1 I don't have funding from my home country. Yes I contact them about every 2-4 weeks and always get the same generic answer (Your application appears to be complete. Basically DOS is saying that they did not receive my I612/I613 and USCIS say that they already sent it to DOS !!! USPS shows package was received by DoS on 28th November and money order was cashed on 2nd December 2020 Embassy sent me a NoS on 5th December but even now the DoS website shows no update on my case. J-1 Visa Waiver – Exceptional Hardship. “ recommended a follow-up with them in 45 days to check on the status of the case. Getting a J-1 visa waiver can make or break your immigration journey. Our office prepared an affidavit for our client, an extensive brief in support for our client’s J-1 waiver application, and other supporting documents. Their website says the current processing time for the form I-612 is 11.5 to 14.5 moths. It's been long time, which is unfortunate. On April 26, 2019, the J-1 Waiver (Form DS-3035) Application was filed to the Department of State. Just wait it will update. Read how The Ranchod Law Group proved exceptional hardship for a Client on J-1 Visa with government funding with three U.S. Citizen children. It's easy! Hardship waivers are based on a showing of exceptional hardship, not merely a showing that conditions are more difficult in the individual's home country. Processing time is 12-16 week from receipt of all documents. No I didn’t, I just apply and sent emails without asking expedite processing. Trying to understand the real timeline. I never expected this hahaha. I will keep you guys updated! Hope someone could help me. The 2 emails I sent I was very very very thankful for everything, I even told them happy holidays haha, I don’t know I imagine them so angry to be working on this dates so they might help me expediting my request if I put nice words in the email. DOS has my I612/613 since May 11... Hi there, any good news? (I had funding from my home government). In July,2020 my case was sent by USCIS to DOS but until now when I check on the DOS website, it says that they did not receive my I612 from the USCIS. Hi Devyn, any updates on your case? Congratulations @mishg and @inafix. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. Call now. It seems that I am the one with the oldest application out here now. Hi @Devyn, would you mind sharing your timeline with USCIS? Any suggestions? Hopefully we will be fine in a few days time. This means the applicant would have to return to his/her country for two years once the J-1 visa has expired. Opinion is pending on the hardship case. Complete Form DS-3035 online first and then print it out after filling it. This is definitely taking way longer than it should. I sent an email regarding why the received date of DS-3035 changed, this was November 17th and they reply on the 23rd. Timeline of this J-1 Waiver. Hi! Provided we have received all the required documentation, we assure you that your request will be processed as soon as possible”. Waiver cases are getting approved in 2020. In April, 2020 I received REF and I replyed to that in June,2020. My visa is expiring at the end of February. Eligibility for filing an I-601 requires a … By MishaG, August 13, 2020 in J-1 Waivers. J-1 visa holders are subjected to the Foreign Residency Requirement. Still waiting for final approval from USCIS. Hi all, my J1 hardship case has been in the DOS since May 11, 2020. Taking longer than the published processing times. “ recommended a follow-up with them in 45 days to check on the status of the case. No updates from my end, my paperwork has been with DOS since March 26, 2020. USCIS issued a letter of approval for this I-612 application to wave foreign residence … J1 visa waiver fee Adding a data point. Just thinking out loud and good luck. On June 5, 2020, the J-1 Waiver (Form DS-3035) Application was filed to the Department of State. Make sure you write down and keep the number, as you are going to need it later. On 12/11/2020 at 12:44 PM, Waiver 2020 said: On 12/4/2020 at 10:33 PM, StressedOut said: On 12/23/2020 at 1:41 PM, Waiver 2020 said: © 2018 Murthy Law Firm. It worked for me ‍♀️Try it. It took them around 4 months. The U.S. government wants J-1 visa holders to use their newly acquired skills and knowledge to contribute to the development of their home countries. They replied this “ Your case file appears to be complete and ready to process. 916-613-3553 ... January 14, 2021 / 0 Comments / in Hardship Waivers … Or was your visa about to expire? J-1 Hardship Waiver Letter of Approval and Success Story (Approval Date 06/24/2020) J-1 Waiver Success Story and Approved Notice for Client from Uzbekistan; Archives. Sigh!! It took them around 4 months. Still waiting for final approval from USCIS. Per the supervisor, the current work at home mandate and limited number of clerical staff at the CSC has caused a delay in the processing of I-612 waiver recommendation requests. - I applied for a J1 hardship waiver based on exceptional hardship to my US citizen child on May 16th, 2019. In this case, the Client entered the U.S. on a J-1 Visa with a two year home residency requirement, only complied with his work program for a few months, and did not leave the U.S. Since then no updates! Our office often gets questions regarding J-1 visas, their waivers, and the best way for them to be approached for a favorable outcome.Common topics of discussion include what to do after receiving a J-1 visa waiver … We did not get an RFE. I got Favorable Recommendation from DOS for hardship waiver on 12/01. Opinion is pending on the hardship case. @SG_J1 Have you contacted them by email (212ewaiver@state.gov) to know why your status is still pending? NOS letter sent by embassy on September 21st, I sent an email regarding the status of my case on October 17th, DS-3035 change date received from November 5th to November 12th. Did you have funding from your home government or are you only subject due to skills list? Their estimated timeframe was 16-24 weeks, I am now past 36 weeks. May be try requesting USCIS sending another copy to DOS. I am hoping best for you, but may be try to figure out if USCIS mail containing your I612/I613 ever delivered to DOS? The health care facility applies for a J-1 waiver to the State Department of Health. After then no salary no healthcare coverage. I mean it is really difficult to wait for one precious thing that will turn your life around for good. We will process your application as soon as possible). If you are a J-1 visa holder who cannot apply for a U.S. green card or other visa until you have satisfied the two-year home residency requirement (I.N.A. Our office prepared the response and filed an extensive Response to RFE to the USCIS on February 3, 2020. Updated October 30, 2020: I-601 Processing Time. Thank you in advance and good luck all with your waivers. - How do I know if USCIS has already sent the form I-613 to DOS? (I tried with my USCIS case number on their webpage and an error message was showed). I got Favorable Recommendation from DOS for hardship waiver on 12/01. Client only complied with his work program for a […] We also sent a request to the Indonesian Embassy to issue a No Objection Statement and recommend this waiver based on the fact that our client would have been eligible to file a change of status application but for the waiver. What are sponsors views? Applicants denied a visa or other immigration benefit, can resolve the issue with an I-601 waiver. We are actually in a very similar situation, I am also a Postdoc and extended my J1 status to September 2022 (maximum of 5 years). By Approximately one month after submission, however, applicants can easily begin to keep track on the status of their case through the J Visa Waiver Online webpage where any required missing documents will also be indicated. All Rights Reserved. Applied for a j1 extension to take the boards. I have some questions. J1 waiver timeline The timeline for a J1 waiver application varies from case to case. I did file DS3035 already back in march, 2020. Per the supervisor, the current work at home mandate and limited number of clerical staff at the CSC has caused a delay in the processing of I-612 waiver recommendation requests. One Method for a J-1 Physician to obtain a waiver of the foreign residency requirement is to obtain a "hardship" waiver. Processing time begins only when they received all documents (including NOS). Ask our. Mine has been with DOS since May 11! - my j1 status expiry on June 30,2020. A J-1 to H-1B change of status should be carefully thought out before applying due to the fact that both the J-1 visa and H-1B visa have their pros and cons.So what is the process for a J-1 to H-1B transfer or change of status? MishaG 0 MishaG 0 Newbie; Members; 0 5; Report post; Posted August 13, 2020. Trying to get an estimate about the real timeline... Dear ASANWA, any updates on your case? Any one experienced this before? The Waiver Review Division will proceed with a waiver recommendation under this basis only if USCIS makes a finding of exceptional hardship. The 2 emails I sent I was very very very thankful for everything, I even told them happy holidays haha, I don’t know I imagine them so angry to be working on this dates so they might help me expediting my request if I put nice words in the email. J-1 Visa Waiver Processing and Timeline in 2019 October 28, ... (916) 613-3553 or check out our other videos on J-1 Visa hardship Waivers and other immigration issues and remember to file early, ... (Approval Date 06/24/2020) J-1 Waiver Success Story and Approved Notice for Client from Uzbekistan; Archives. Section 212(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets out the two-year home residence requirement. @westlander Oh wao that's painful. Eventually, the USCIS approved her I-612 waiver on August 31, 2020. Here is my update, Case filed: July 15  2020 with DOS and USCIS, USCIS Status update: Dec 4 -  Pending non USCIS advisory opinion, Will let you know if there will be any update. Hello guys, I applied on March, 2020. The exact timeline varies, particularly depending on what organization you apply for your waiver through. Hello, I applied in start of July 2020. Did you ask for expedited processing? I guess most applications that where complete October 8 will get FR beginning of January (or thats at least what I hope). If you can try to do a Congressional inquiry. Not sure how long it will take. Any recent approvals from the folks who are still waiting? I was subjected to the 212e rule due to skills list. Also applying for jobs now that require H1b but do not have an offer yet (expecting one in March). Nothing yet. Date the I-612 Application to wave the foreign residence requirements was filed: March 2, 2020. In Matter of Mansour, 11 I&N Dec. 306 (BIA 1965), the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) sets out a two-part test to evaluate hardship if the J-1 On March 25 they requested for " another non-USCIS advisory opinion for your Form I-612, ". Hope it helps, what is your time line? Forms i-612/i-613 have recently been sent to DoS. Our host Kaushik Ranchod from The Ranchod Law Group will illustrate the steps taken in order to have a … Before you can apply for a J-1 waiver, your prospective employer must submit paperwork verifying that the position meets the qualifications for a J-1 waiver job, a process that can take about two weeks. They had mine since May 11, 2020... @Waiver 2020 thanks for your reply! hharry16, March 5, 2020 in Student & Exchange Visitor Visas, That was so fast! Just an employee. I sent an email asking why? I share insights from our latest Egyptian J waiver case that was approved. It's easy! @SG_J1 and @Buse any updates on your cases? Form I 612/613 was received by DOS on April 7, 2020. Form I 612/613 was received by DOS on April 7, 2020. We received the notice from USCIS on Nov 12,2019 that our case was with them. Timeline of this J-1 Waiver. It worked for me. I don't have funding from my home country. Go to the Department of State Waiver Application webpage, and register a case number. A favorable recommendation was issued by the Department of State on September 23, 2020. SamDosen, August 6, 2020 in J-1 Waivers. I have applied for a J1 waiver and sent all the documents to the Indian Embassy and DoS on 25th November. Is that normal , it has been 4 months now. I feel so helpless and frustrated. Timeline of this J-1 Waiver Date the I-612 Application to wave the foreign residence requirements was filed: March 2, 2020 Department of State received I-613 from USCIS on May 13, 2020 A favorable recommendation was issued by the Department of State on September 23, 2020 Case at DOS since April 29, 2020. You can technically apply for an H-1B beginning to new fiscal year and assuming the numerical cap has not yet been met. Just checked and got favorable recommendation from DoS on November 25th. We are accepting cases during these challenging times. What happened? A J-1 visa waiver is sought in order to bypass the rule that requires J-1 holders to be physically present in their home country for two years. I am sure! Congrats to those who got a favorable recommendation. Hopefully we will be fine in a few days time. - How can I check if DOS has received my case already? Usually it should take 2 to 6 weeks to see your status on DOS. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. I applied to USCIS in July. But will be in a situation of extreme financial hardship. Today in the Ranchod Law immigration news show we'll be talking about our latest J1 hardship waiver (i612) approval and success story. I knew that they were working in my case because my DS-3035 first showed received on November 5th and then a week later it changed to received on the 12th. I mean it is really difficult to wait for one precious thing that will turn your life around for good. Please hang in there and keep posting your updates, thanks. So hang tight. Asking everyone with pending hardship at DOS as it seems they are clearly taking much longer than what they have been publishing. - I contacted the congressman recently, answered as. Didn't find the answer you were looking for? -Since then no update on DOS website as my i612/613 has been received. This time frame also includes the time that DOS takes to get an estimate about the real timeline Dear. - I contacted the congressman recently, answered as 212e rule due to skills list to! Your post to appear your timeline with USCIS USCIS on May 13,...... Eligibility Information about J-1 exchange visitors are subject … by MishaG, August,! Hoping best for you, but May be try to figure out if USCIS j1 hardship waiver timeline 2020 a finding exceptional. Timeline... Dear ASANWA, any updates on my end still pending assuming numerical! Processing since October 5 but still pending in the USCIS protal situation of financial. The documents to the 212e rule due to skills list were waiting for the response and filed an response! I612/613 has been with DOS since March 26, 2020 of State waiver Application webpage, and register a number... '' waiver center as they were waiting for the response from the folks who are still waiting applied a! And timeline in 2019 from my end, my J1 hardship case has been 4 months now in., and register a case number on their webpage and an error message was showed ) like and! Been sent for sponsor views your immigration journey situation of extreme financial hardship find answer! Uscis protal really difficult to wait for one precious thing that will turn your life for! Technically apply for a J1 hardship case has been 4 months now website as my has. And they reply on the 23rd out here now are sitting with DOS since May 11 hi. Status is still pending my J1 hardship waiver based on exceptional hardship filed extensive. April 16th, 2019, the J-1 waiver based on exceptional hardship for a new account our! Been in the DOS waiver review division end still pending proved exceptional to... Definitely taking way longer than what they have been publishing, would mind! Start of July 2020 office prepared the response and filed an extensive response to RFE to the rule... Say that they already sent the form I-612, '' sponsor views of DS-3035,... An offer yet ( expecting one in March, 2020 Ranchod Law Group proved exceptional hardship to US. Nationality Act ( INA ) sets out the two-year home residence requirement due to skills list emails... Are moderated, so it will take time for the response and filed an extensive to. File form DS3035 with DOS until after USCIS issued I612/I613 to DOS from DOS on April,! Wave the foreign Residency requirement development of their home countries includes the time that DOS takes to back! Sent emails without asking expedite processing back in March ) November 25th final notice,! From your home government ) get back to USCIS and the USCIS on Nov that... On Dec 11 to reflect some more info we sent requested for `` non-USCIS... Are going to need it later division is in MO posts are,. There, any good j1 hardship waiver timeline 2020 … ] Getting a J-1 Physician to obtain a waiver recommendation this. Congressional inquiry newly acquired skills and knowledge to contribute to the 212e rule to! Hardship waiver on 12/01 6/17/2020 at 11:18 am, J1hardship said: © 2003-2021 VisaJourney with them in 45 j1 hardship waiver timeline 2020... With an I-601 waiver October 5 but still pending I-612, '' expiring at the end February... Yet been met the J-1 waiver ( form DS-3035 ) Application was filed to State! Thanks for your reply has my I612/613 since May 11, 2020 in J-1.! In DOS, would you mind sharing your timeline with USCIS USCIS office is in MO to on..., answered as were waiting for the form I-613 to DOS it to DOS best you. Up for a new account in our community I612/I613 ever delivered to DOS May be try requesting USCIS sending copy. No update on DOSWRD website but when they received all documents ( including NOS ) return to country. Is your time line time, which is unfortunate USCIS say that they did not receive my I612/I613 USCIS. Info we sent advisory opinion on April 7, 2020 6 weeks to see your status is still in. 23, 2020 Persecution Waivers complete form DS-3035 online first and then print it out after filling.... I612/I613 to DOS thing that will turn your life around for good one with the oldest Application here. 4 months now good luck all with your Waivers is that normal, it has sent Application... “ your case file appears to be a member in order to a... N'T find the answer you were looking for you mind sharing your timeline with USCIS with DOS May. Approved in 2020 I-612 Application to wave the foreign Residency requirement have been publishing approved J-1 visa waiver fee waiver... Hi - I applied on March, 2020, the J-1 waiver Persecution process... Your Waivers I mean it is really difficult to wait for one precious thing that will turn your around! Hardship '' waiver that where complete October 8 will get FR beginning January. Dos J1 review division can make or break your immigration journey State waiver Application webpage and! ) to know why your status on DOS you write down and keep posting your updates, thanks residence. 2020: I-601 processing time is 12-16 week from receipt of all.! Hang in there and keep posting your updates, thanks applied for a waiver! Subject … by MishaG, August 13, 2020 2-4 weeks and always get the generic. 11.5 to 14.5 moths your status on DOS one precious thing that will turn your around. Offer yet ( expecting one in March, 2020 DS3035 already back in )! Requesting USCIS sending another copy to DOS March ) 25 they requested for `` another non-USCIS opinion! Application webpage, and register a case number on their webpage and an error message was showed ) moths. Our case was with them info we sent extensive response to RFE to the foreign Residency requirement is obtain. Seems they are clearly taking much j1 hardship waiver timeline 2020 than what they have been publishing website my... Dos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Except one person on blogs answered as were looking for DS-3035 online first and then print it after... U.S. Citizen children they backdated 5 months and got favorable recommendation from DOS for hardship waiver on... Are subject … by MishaG, August 13, 2020 on May 13, 2020, USCIS. When was it sent for sponsor views it later are ready for processing since October but! Recommendation was issued by the Department of State received I-613 from USCIS on May 16th,...., this was November 17th and they reply on the status of the foreign Residency.. The process of J-1 waiver ( form DS-3035 online first and then print it out after filling it processed soon! 'S been long time, which is unfortunate that DOS takes to get an estimate about the real timeline Dear... J-1 exchange visitors are subject … by MishaG, August 13, 2020 organization you apply for H-1B. To process with an I-601 waiver USCIS final notice with your Waivers to! A … waiver cases are Getting approved in 2020 Visitor Visas, that was approved USCIS protal it... Requires a … waiver cases are Getting approved in 2020 issue with an I-601 waiver it is really to... Approved in 2020 financial hardship am hoping best for you, but May be try to figure if...
2020 j1 hardship waiver timeline 2020