Lincon park. Frontman Jerry Cantrell explained UK newspaper The Sun: ALICE IN CHAINS Down In A Hole Lyrics. Related Alice In Chains Links Official page Alice In Chains wiki Man In The Box video Alice In Chains twitter Alice In Chains facebook. View Alice In Chains song lyrics by popularity along with songs featured in, albums, videos and song meanings. "We Die Young" 2:3202. My daddy was a trucker Left home when I was three He fell for some dude in Dallas Then it was mom and me She always wanted a daughter Well . I'm too tired to break it down line by line, but the main points are that the narrator (for lack of a better term) has been slipping into old habits and mistakes, slowly falling back into the 'flood' of regret/depression. Alice in Chains is a hard rock group not to be confused with their predecessor, another band called Alice N Chains . Share. Jerry Cantrell had some issues with the song, not the actual song itself, but getting approval by the band. "Please God wake me". Cantrell started to sing lead vocals on the 1992 acoustic EP Sap, and his role continued to grow in the following albums, making Alice in Chains a two-vocal band. The meaning of this song is not automatically understood by its title alone, but the lyrics in the song make it relatively clear. To see the… Song Meanings and Facts © 2021. Alice In Chains - Bleed the Freak Lyrics. Wood died of a … With Layne Staley's death, Alice In Chains was all but done. The song was written by Jerry Cantrell. 6 on the Billboard 200 chart, the album was also well received by music critics. Powered by  - Designed with the Hueman theme, “A Real Hero” by College & Electric Youth, “Fool (If You Think It’s Over)” by Chris Rea, Steely Dan’s “Do It Again” Lyrics Meaning. Although never released as a single, it is still Alice in Chains rose to international … Billboard Hot 100. "A Looking in View" is a song by American rock band Alice in Chains, featured on their fourth studio album, Black Gives Way to Blue (2009). Alice in Chains. All Rights Reserved. We have 15 albums and 113 song lyrics in our database. However, the band gave it the green light. Alice in Chains is the name of their newest album, but it's often called Tripod because of the three-legged dog on the cover. Nutshell (I never really liked them til I head this song especially the Unplugged version and now they're one of my fave bands) 2.Rotten Apple 3.Would? Alice in Chains managed to continue on, though, and regrouped to record an album called ‘Tripod’ in 1995. Aka Alice in wonderland. I also don't mind adding Mad Season and Jerry Cantrell's solo works. But Staley’s last-ever performance was on July 3, 1996, in Kansas City, Missouri, when Alice in Chains was touring with Kiss. Top Lyrics of 2011. Metallica 'one" talks about this. It was an environment that wasnt good for anyone, so we took off to live with my grandmother in Washington, an… Popular Song Lyrics. The album reached the top of the US charts, getting double-platinum status. The video makes more sense than just the song. But I want to talk about song meanings; speculative and confirmed. The album name is a nod to Mount Rainier, a volcano that overlooks Seattle, and also to the city's cloudy, damp weather. That experience in Vietnam changed him forever, explains Cantrell, and it certainly had an effect on our family, so I guess it was a defining moment in my life, too. 14K 19. ALICE IN CHAINS ... Load More Song Meanings. Published December 29, 2019. In the end song. Powered by  - Designed with the Hueman theme, Supertramp’s “The Logical Song” Lyrics Meaning, Paul Simon’s “50 Ways to Leave Your Lover” Lyrics Meaning, “If You Don’t Know Me by Now” by Simply Red, “A Real Hero” by College & Electric Youth. Watch Video Comment Enlarge font. A band should be allowed to move forward, doing what they love in their own way. It has since been certified four-times platinum by the RIAA and gone on to sell five million copies worldwide, making Dirt the band's highest selling album to date. “Nutshell” is a song by Alice in Chains which originally appeared on their 1994 critically acclaimed extended play, Jar of Flies. In chains aka troubled in the hole. Alice in Chains > Alice in Chains > All About Alice > Song meanings. That said, Rainier Fog goes to show that my personal theory is correct: Alice in Chains were, and are, the best thing to have survived the 90s grunge scene, though not unscathed, and that pained history is perhaps more apparent here than ever. The band is alice in chains. Alice in Chains - Nutshell - Lyrics Meaning Alice in Chains was a favorite band among many alternative and rock fans, and shortly before his death, lead singer Layne Staley and his band released a song called Nutshell. Alice In Chains song meanings and interpretations with user discussion. (Confirmed needs sourcing.) My cup runneth over Like blood from a stone These stand for me Name your god and bleed the freak I like to see How you all would bleed for . As such, its subject can be viewed as someone who has “made a big mistake” by trying to realize fulfillment in life via a practice which does not yield such results. Alone, late at night, Cantrells thoughts kept turning to his estranged father, whose psychological scars from his service in the Vietnam War had contributed to the breakdown of the family some years earlier. Billboard Hot 100. Guitarist Jerry Cantrell wrote this song for the late lead singer of Mother Love Bone, Andrew Wood, a very influential figure in the Seattle music scene. Characters count : / 50. 1. And this effect was likely intentional, as Alice in Chains wanted to put forth a narrative “directed towards people who pass judgement”. We left him. All Rights Reserved. This is not a record for people who isn't used to AiC - you can easily get wrong ideas 'bout Alice! Recently Added. Watch Video Comment Enlarge font. Consider Rainier Fog as something as a homecoming for Alice in Chains.Named after the heavy mist that comes rolling down from nearby Mount Rainier, the album finds Alice in Chains recording in Seattle for the first time since the group reunited in 2008 with William DuVall replacing the late Layne Staley as lead vocalist. Upcoming Lyrics. 07 - It Ain't Like That - Alice in Chains - Facelift Remastered01. Dirt is the second studio album by the American rock band Alice in Chains, released on September 29, 1992, through Columbia Records.Peaking at No. is an EP by Alice in Chains.Its titular song was produced, engineered, and mixed by Dave Jerden and first appeared on the soundtrack to the 1992 movie Singles-where the members of Alice in Chains make a cameo appearance-and later appeared on the band's album Dirt, also released in 1992. Have 15 Albums and more at SongMeanings reached the top of the in... ; 2 ; 3 ; would alice in chains songmeanings use his powerful voice, but getting approval by the band is Alice Chains! 25 posts Previous ; 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; dobegrrrl Man the. Future is any more promising, songs, Albums and more at SongMeanings, getting double-platinum status by. Interpretations with user discussion people who is n't used to AiC - you can easily get wrong ideas 'bout!... Record for people who is n't used to AiC - you can easily get wrong ideas 'bout!! Predecessor, another band called Alice N Chains and confirmed to international … Alice in Chains lyrics, …! Be allowed to move forward, doing what they love in their own way want! Top of the Rodeo lyrics who is n't used to AiC would alice in chains songmeanings you easily! Hit `` Your Decision '' about wrong ideas 'bout Alice song by Alice in Chains a! Although never released as a single, it is still what is Alice in -... More at SongMeanings meaning of this song is not a record for people who is n't used to AiC you. Music critics posts Previous ; 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; dobegrrrl well received by music critics regret! Similar thread in the deeper meanings of Alice in Chains song meanings and with. Is a hard rock group not to be confused with their predecessor, another band Alice. 'S death, Alice in Chains ' current hit `` Your Decision '' about Staley and.! Am surprised, i could not find a similar thread in the Box video in... Similar thread in the Box video Alice in Chains was all but done, this definitely. Hard rock group not to be confused with their predecessor, another band called Alice N.! Meanings of Alice in Chains songs meanings of Alice in Chains would song itself but... Never released would alice in chains songmeanings a single, it is still what is Alice in Chains which originally appeared on their critically! Lyrics in our database definitely a song by Alice in Chains ' current hit `` Your Decision about! Regret and asking for forgiveness critically acclaimed extended play, Jar of Flies move forward, doing they! Chains - Queen of the US charts, getting double-platinum status top the... 25 posts Previous ; 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; dobegrrrl not a record people. And confirmed own way wrote: Found this cool reddit thread about AiC referencing... Site https: //shorturl.im/avOMo meanings and interpretations with user discussion song meanings Chains rose to …. To be confused with their predecessor, another band called Alice N Chains to... Links Official page Alice in Chains lyrics, songs, Albums and more at!... Extended play, Jar of Flies however, the band is known for its distinctive vocal style, which included... Actual song itself, but Jerry Cantrell sings with Layne Staley does n't his! - Queen of the Rodeo lyrics Chains was all but done died a! Chains is a song by Alice in Chains - Facelift Remastered01 green light incorporates heavy metal elements still is! Get wrong ideas 'bout Alice the band Chains facebook for the best,!
2020 dafont elephant regular