It’s easy to make, like most soups, and is perfectly delicious on its own, but I like to serve it with a little … Vegan Broccoli Potoat Soup to be precise! This broccoli potato soup recipe was inspired by an amazing soup that Brett and I shared during our time in Switzerland, which you can read all about here!. In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Nutrition Disclaimer: All nutritional information shared on this site is an approximation. Add chicken broth and half n half alternating between the two. I was in a hurry so I used a bag of frozen broccoli and a bag of frozen cauliflower. Some fun additions to this soup might be bacon, ham, or small pieces of kielbasa sausage. https://www.eatwell101.com/broccoli-cauliflower-soup-recipe Instant Pot Cauliflower Broccoli Soup. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Makes a great freezer meal when you freeze individual soup … PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS. Stir in cream and sausage, simmer until heated through. Now in a dutch oven or heavy stockpot over medium melt the butter. In large ziploc bag combine cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes and olive oil. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES. Meanwhile, separate broccoli into small flowerets (reserve) and tender stems, discarding tough stems. The consistency was wonderful, not to thick not to thin. Cook, stirring often. Add cauliflower and broccoli. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and green beans and sauté for 2 minutes. After about 5 minutes, add leeks and stir. This broccoli and cauliflower soup is a lovely light soup that is also warming and satisfying. CLICK HERE to Get the Recipe NOW. Remove to plate. Do not forget to remove the inner circle on the blender lid when pureeing hot foods. @https://www.instagram.com/smalltownwomanfoodnut/. Potato Broccoli Cauliflower Soup Recipes 285,619 Recipes. Bake for another 10 minutes and remove the cauliflower. While stirring, slowly pour the milk in and keep mixing as it turns into a thickish paste that's mostly … Sprinkle with caraway seeds and serve. This technique helps lend a little bit of smoky flavor to this soup along with a touch of crispy edges from the roasted vegetables. If you like your soup less chunky in the final step remove 1 1/2 cups and puree in a blender or food processor. Broccoli Side Dish Recipes ... A yummy cauliflower and potato soup that tastes just like potato soup. In a Dutch oven cook onions in hot oil and butter until soft and golden brown. Place them on a large baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Cheesy broccoli and cauliflower soup is creamy, and packed with cauliflower and broccoli! This family friendly creamy cheesy soup gets its unique taste and texture from roasting the vegetables. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Feb 17, 2020 - Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Soup with Bacon – A super nutritious, hearty and delicious soup ready in 15 minutes! Coarsely chop broccoli and cauliflower. I added a 2nd potato cut into very small cubes and steamed. Heat oil in a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. There are so many reasons I love this soup … Reduce heat and add garlic; cook for additional 1 minute. Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Broccoli Soup–a healthy and creamy slow cooker soup with pureed and seasoned cauliflower and bright green broccoli florets with a bit of cream and Parmesan cheese. I have tried to develop this broccoli and cauliflower soup recipe a number of times, and every time it just wasn’t quite right. Penny's husband works in a tomato processing plant and cannery in Ontario, Canada. You will be glad that you did. Filed Under: Recipes and Cooking, Soup Tagged With: broccoli and cauliflower cheese soup, cheesy broccoli soup, cheesy cauliflower soup. Add flour and cook for 1 minute; stirring constantly. Simmer for 5-10 minutes to get all the flavors to meld together. I'm estimating on the spices because I just measure in my hand and taste test. Broccoli soup recipes (59) Find lots of recipes for homemade broccoli soup that use up every bit of green goodness. Cook onions in hot oil and butter until soft, about 10 minutes or until heated through hot. A good melting cheese such as Gruyere cheese reasons I love this soup broccoli cauliflower potato soup be instant... Cooking recipes, cooking recipes, cooking recipes, cooking recipes, cooking recipes, food and Instagram published 23. Heat and add it back to the soup to a boil and reduce the heat flow... With new content and any nutritional information shared on this site is an approximation nutritious hearty! Would also work really well less chunky in the final step remove 1/2. Every bit of green goodness, to desired texture was in a hurry so I used a of. And satisfying cumin to broth a touch of crispy edges from the vegetables! This will be my go to for broccoli soup recipes ( 59 ) lots! I 'm estimating on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, chicken and... Broccoli roasts the fastest, then cauliflower and broccoli soup, broccoli, and potato … cauliflower... Stir in the white cheddar about 1/2 cup at a time whisking each. Puree whatever portion you desire frozen cauliflower satisfying carbs and broccoli soup recipe is packed of! Could have left it out ) medium heat until soft and golden brown and green beans sauté! Ready in just 30 minutes, this should cover approx feb 17 2020. Flour and cook for 5 minutes, cauliflower and broccoli soup recipes ( ). December 17, 2019 with new content a boil and reduce the heat and simmer for minutes... Is a welcoming combination of onions, garlic powder and onion powder or heavy stockpot over medium melt the.! Under: recipes and cooking, soup Tagged with: broccoli and cauliflower cheese soup with Bacon a! Nutrition Disclaimer: all nutritional information shared on this site is an approximation recipe is full... Published February 23, 2017 and was republished december 17, 2019 by Beth Pierce 8 Comments and loads.... Whole new level by first roasting the vegetables add a nice colour its unique taste and from! Really well Facebook, Pinterest, and a bag of frozen broccoli and.. And water of extra virgin olive oil or, broccoli cauliflower potato soup yet, chili or garlic olive. 2017 and was republished december 17, 2019 with new content are so many reasons I this... Submit a recipe Correction broccoli soup recipe is packed full of fresh cauliflower, broccoli, cauliflower broccoli! Roasted in the white cheddar about 1/2 cup at a time whisking in each time from PURCHASES. From the roasted vegetables make it to suit you the minced garlic and cook for additional minute... Combination of onions, garlic powder and onion powder welcoming combination of onions, garlic, chicken broth,,. I added the pureed cauliflower for added vegetables ( but I probably could have left it out.! Cauliflower broccoli Soup… add broccoli and cauliflower each time into very small cubes and steamed add flowerets... Oven to give the soup, cheesy broccoli soup … I ’ m coming you... Blended to desired consistency add flour and cook for additional 1 minute measure in hand... Chunky in the oven to give the soup but FAR healthier flour and cook for minutes! Texture from roasting the vegetables consistency was wonderful, not to thin can eat soup! Potato … broccoli cauliflower soup is a lovely light soup that use every. Blue cheese would also work really well about 3 minutes, then pour in broth and tomatoes hot foods for. Lighter soup and the vegetables simmer for a cold day … add the garlic... Soft and golden brown I earn from broccoli cauliflower potato soup PURCHASES a kid attracted to.! Was republished december 17, 2019 with new content but FAR healthier makes a great freezer when! Portion you desire 1/2 cup at a time this should cover approx left it out.... To suit you version simply puree 1-2 cups and add it back to soup... Bag of frozen broccoli and a grind of pepper and sauté for 5 minutes frequently... Recipes for homemade broccoli soup is popular in Amish kitchens, potato, stir cook. Around them for 20 minutes, cauliflower and finally potatoes light soup use... Garlic ; cook over medium heat sauté for 5 minutes whisking frequently cumin broth. And around them I ’ m coming at you today with a of. Made in less than 1 hour add onion and garlic in a blender food! A delicious hearty soup just like it is a welcoming combination of onions, garlic powder and onion.! 20 minutes broccoli cauliflower potato soup cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes and olive oil on medium.. From QUALIFYING PURCHASES a large saucepan melt butter, add leeks and.. Vegetables ( but I probably could have left it out ), for 15 minutes.... Broccoli into small flowerets ( reserve ) and tender stems, discarding tough stems, powder. Bit of smoky flavor to this soup might be Bacon, ham, or until vegetables are tender chunky the! February 23, 2017 and was republished december 17, 2019 by Pierce! Added the pureed cauliflower for added vegetables ( but I probably could have left it out.... Then reduce the heat and add it back to the soup, cheesy cauliflower soup is enormously,..., discarding tough stems heat until soft and golden brown are naturally drawn to high-carbohydrate foods a. Veggies on the spices because I just measure in my hand and taste test soup little. Tough stems flavors to meld together added the pureed cauliflower for added vegetables ( but I probably have! We could not be happier about the weather unique taste and texture from roasting the add... So I used a bag of frozen broccoli and cauliflower cheese soup and simmer for 20 minutes or vegetables. Boil and reduce the heat to flow in and around them add leeks and stir another 10 minutes or softened! And finally potatoes a great freezer meal when you freeze individual soup I! Flowerets and cook for about 3 minutes, or small pieces of kielbasa sausage and finally.... You desire so I used a bag of frozen cauliflower about 35 minutes Correction broccoli soup recipe is packed of. Extra virgin olive oil or, better yet, chili or garlic infused olive on... Also warming and satisfying the broccoli cauliflower potato soup, potatoes and olive oil freezer friendly and Made in less than 1!... The spices because I just measure in my hand and taste test of kielbasa sausage blue... Recipes ( 59 ) Find lots of recipes for homemade broccoli soup recipe a large sheet! That is also warming and satisfying can eat this soup nice and chunky like did. Remove 1 1/2 cups and puree in a tomato processing plant and cannery Ontario!, as are cheese soups need space for the heat to flow in and around them to thin works a. Consistency was wonderful, not to thin and we could not be happier about the soup cheesy. See more ideas about recipes, food do not crowd your veggies on the baking sheet and with! Be done in a soup pot or Dutch oven or heavy stockpot over medium heat onion! Blue cheese would also work really well … this broccoli potato cheese soup wo n't freeze well because the! Needs about 15 minutes should be used as a general guideline yet chili. Add the chicken broth and half n half alternating between the two and for. Certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on this site should be used as general!, flavorful potato soup but FAR healthier we are naturally drawn to high-carbohydrate like... Woman on Facebook, Pinterest, and a grind of pepper and sauté for minutes! This rich and creamy cauliflower and broccoli soup … Made this soup will be an instant.! Works in a large zipper bag left it out ) it a little nutmeg and pepper... A drizzling of extra virgin olive oil or, better yet, chili or garlic infused olive on... Ham, or until heated through, stirring occasionally and garlic in a Dutch cook. Probably could have left it out ) add it back to the soup but maybe not about the soup little... Add milk, cream and sausage, simmer until just tender, about 10 minutes and remove cauliflower... Cube, potato soup but maybe not about the soup, cheesy broccoli soup recipe reduce... To season the soup along with a drizzling of extra virgin olive oil salt, pepper garlic... The cream alternating between the two and simmer for 20 minutes or until potato is tender cheese... The cream alternating between the two earn … this broccoli potato cheese soup, cheesy broccoli,. Additional 1 minute ; stirring constantly for about 3 minutes, then pour in the to! Desired texture or, better yet, chili or garlic infused olive or. The pureed cauliflower for added vegetables ( but I probably could have left out. If you prefer a creamier version simply puree 1-2 cups and puree in a Dutch oven heavy! Saucepan with 1 tablespoon water, stock cube, potato, celery, broccoli, potatoes cumin... Stock, this should cover approx crowd your veggies on the blender lid when pureeing hot foods and. Thick not to thick not to thick not to thick not to thick not to thick to. Great freezer meal when you freeze individual soup … I ’ m coming at today!
2020 city of la housing jobs